The best season to visit Istanbul is April-May or mid-September to October-end, when the days are longer, drier, and sunnier, but not as hot as during the summer. Temperatures range between 12°C and 25°C, with a few brief showers on occasion. These months also avoid the large tourist traffic.
- April to October is the best time for pleasant weather.
- April, May, and September are the best months for honeymoons.
- May to September is the best season for the nightlife.
- The best time to save money is during the off-season, which runs from early November through mid-March. Avoid June, July, and August, when hotel rates are at their highest. The winter is the cheapest period, starting in December and ending in February, but the cold weather is less appealing.
- The Best Time for Sightseeing Is: During the summer months of June, July, and August, when the crowds at the sights in the old city may be overwhelming – and made worse by the hot and humid weather. April, May, and September through October-end are therefore the best times for sightseeing. The entire city is in bloom during April for the tulip festival .
- The best time to shop in Istanbul is during the spring and fall. In addition to world-famous brands, the city also has a large selection of high-quality local designs. The local fashion industry in Istanbul is also expanding, so search for non-chain stores for the greatest bargains. During June, July, and August, when Istanbul Shopping Fest takes place over 40 days, discounts are available on a variety of malls and markets throughout the city, although the number of tourists at the Grand Bazaar at this time makes it more difficult to find too many bargains. Between mid-December and early January, you may save money by shopping across town.